Business Owners Insurance
Business owners insurance policies combine the basic coverage’s needed by a business owner into a standard package. Conceptually, small business owners insurance is similar to homeowners insurance because of the all-peril "package" approach.
Except for commercial vehicle insurance and worker’s compensation, most of the insurance needs by small and medium sized businesses are included in a small business owners insurance policy. The basic process of acquiring business insurance coverage is simplified, and the package approach often costs less. If there is a need not covered for your business, we will be able to assist you by providing a supplemental insurance policy or tailored package insurance policy for your business.
What does Small Business Owners Insurance include?
Subject to various limits, a typical small business owners insurance policy will include:
- General Liability Insurance: - Coverage for bodily injury or property damage done to others as a result of business operations.
- Business Property Insurance: - Protects real and personal property owned by the business from certain losses due to fire, theft, vandalism, water exposure, windstorm, or other perils.
- Medical Payments Coverage: - Helps pay medical bills for accidental injuries regardless of legal liability.
- Tenants Liability: - If you are legally liable for property damage to the premises you rent or lease, this provision pays for the losses up to policy limits.
- Non-Owned Auto Liability: - Covers liabilities for non- company owned vehicles when no other vehicle policy exists.
- Business Income Protection: - Covers loss of earnings and/or additional expenses after a covered loss, for up to a specified period of time. Including protection from Off-Premises Utility Services Failure and Contingent Business Income protection for loss of any rental income.
- Peak Season: - Automatic extra coverage for business personal property during the peak seasons of your operation.
- Building Ordinance & Law: - Additional costs you incur to upgrade the construction of your building because of a law or ordinance
- Income Protection - Interruption of Computer Operations: - Loss of income resulting from interruption of operations due to damage or corruption of electronic data from a peril insured against.
- Money and Securities: - Provides insurance coverage for the destruction, disappearance or theft of money and/or securities at your insured premises, at a bank, or while in transit.
- Check Forgery or Alteration: - Reimbursement for forged checks written to you and for alteration of checks written by you.
- Valuable Papers or Records: - Insurance coverage for loss of records, manuscripts, and documents caused by a covered hazard.
- Accounts Receivable Losses: - Provides coverage for uncollectible amounts due from your customers because of damage or loss to records.
- Electronic Data: - Insurance coverage, caused by a covered hazard, for loss of electronic data and media.
- Equipment Breakdown: - Certain losses due to equipment failure not covered by warranties or property insurance policies are covered.
- Outdoor Signs: - Coverage for damage to outdoor signs caused by a covered hazard.
- Sewer or Drain Backup: - Insurance coverage for water damage caused by a backup from a sewer, sump, or drain.
- Employee Dishonesty: - A loss of business property, money or securities caused by dishonest acts (as defined in the policy) committed by employees are insured.
- Transportation: - Coverage for losses to business personal property caused by specified peril while being transported.
- Miscellaneous Coverage’s: - Host Liquor Liability, Electrical Service Panels, Expediting Expenses, Fences & Walks, Refrigerated Items, Unattached Outbuildings, Temperature Change, Trees/Shrubs/Lawns/Plants, Hazardous Substances, Pollutant Cleanup, Fire Extinguisher Recharge, Independent Contractors, Additional Insured’s
Depending on the type of business you own, supplemental business owners insurance might be necessary. In our risk analysis of your business operations we can help pinpoint where a supplement policy is needed in addition to a small business owners insurance policy.
Do you need help with your Small Business Owners Insurance?
Let’s work together and discuss how we can help you. We will help explain your Small Business Owners insurance policy and what coverage options that are available.
Receive a Small Business Owners Insurance Proposal by:
Call us at 740-998-5544 or 937-981-2272
Submit your information online